Air Fryer Beef and Broccoli
Loaded with bright, fresh flavors, Air Fryer Beef and Broccoli is even better than takeout! Ready in less than 40 minutes, this is a simple weeknight dinner recipe the whole family will love.
Easy Beef and Broccoli
Savory, a little sweet, and totally delicious, beef and broccoli is one of my favorite meals to order out! I love the combination of tender beef and crispy broccoli all tossed in an incredible marinade and served with rice. There’s nothing quite like it and now you can make restaurant-style beef and broccoli at home!
Like most air fryer recipes, this air fryer beef and broccoli comes together quickly and easily. Mix up weeknight meals with this from scratch Asian-inspired dinner!
Why You’ll Love this Beef and Broccoli Recipe:
- FLAVORFUL: Bursting with the takeout flavors you know and love, this air fryer beef and broccoli is so good you’ll never want to order out again!
- CUSTOMIZABLE: Adjust the seasonings and flavors to your preferences.
- EASY: There aren’t any complicated steps or ingredients required for this simple recipe.
Everyone loves this homemade beef and broccoli recipe!
How to Make Air Fryer Beef and Broccoli
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Make the marinade and divide it in half.
- Marinate the steak.
- Cook the steak.
- Add the broccoli and cook.
- Thicken up the remaining marinade.
- Mix together and serve.
I love using flank or strip steak for this recipe.
Yes! Instead of beef, use 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks. You might need to adjust the cook time so keep an eye on the chicken and continue with step 4 when the chicken is fully cooked.
This is a wonderful recipe to double, just make sure your air fryer can accommodate the increase in volume.
Reheat leftover beef and broccoli in the air fryer at 300°F until warmed through or in the microwave.
Complete this beef and broccoli meal with:
- White, brown, or fried rice
- Ramen, lo mein, or chow mein noodles
- Egg rolls or spring rolls
Don’t forget the fortune cookies!
- For a little kick of heat, add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to the marinade in step 1.
- Broccoli can brown quickly in the air fryer, so try not to overcook it.
- If the sauce is too thin, add a little more cornstarch in step 5.
- For even more flavor, toast the sesame seeds before sprinkling on top.
Ready in minutes, it’s never been easier to enjoy your favorite takeout dish at home!
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Fresh or frozen broccoli both work great. If using frozen broccoli, add a couple minutes to the cook time.
What other vegetables can I use?
Use your favorite stir-fry veggies like baby corn, sliced carrots, or sliced bell peppers. Add with the broccoli in step 4.
Is this recipe gluten free?
As written, this is not a gluten free recipe. To make a gluten free version, use tamari in place of soy sauce and ensure all of the other ingredients you use are certified gluten free.
More Air Fryer Recipes We Love
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Juicy Lucy Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
Protein-packed and bursting with flavor, air fryer beef and broccoli will quickly become a new dinnertime favorite!
More Easy Beef Recipes to Try:
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha optional
- 1 pound flank steak thinly sliced
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- Cooked rice for serving
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onion for garnish
In a small mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sriracha.⅓ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup water, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 3 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 teaspoon sriracha
Place the sliced steak in a shallow bowl and pour half of the sauce over it. Reserve the other half of the sauce for later. Cover the bowl and let the steak marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.1 pound flank steak
Place the marinated steak into the air fryer basket and cook at 375°F for 8 minutes.
Toss the broccoli and olive oil together and add it to the basket (on top of the steak). Cook at 375°F for an additional 4 minutes.1 pound broccoli florets, 1 teaspoon olive oil
Add the cornstarch to the reserved sauce and microwave it for 1 minute. Whisk to combine and microwave for an additional minute. The sauce should have thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon – if it is too thick, add a splash of water. If it is too thin, cook it for an additional minute.½ teaspoon cornstarch
Pour the finished sauce over the cooked beef and broccoli. Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onion, if desired.Sesame seeds and sliced green onion, Cooked rice