Catching up with the Kelnhofers-126
This week on Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m looking forward to getting back on routine. Eating healthier, drinking plenty of coffee and getting back into meal prepping.
Getting back into routines after the holidays can feel like a lot, to-do lists are overflowing, and add on top of that there’s crazy weather. Comfy and cozy and calm are what I’m trying to focus on! This week coffee has been getting me through, and we made a batch of these chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with cherries and I keep telling myself that cherries help regulate sleep cycles, so it’s ok if the kids have 2 (…more like 4…plus there’re oats in them, so they’re healthy, right?)
Check out the latest recipes on SweetPhi.com:
- Healthy meal delivery services – a great way to start off the New Year!
- Shortcut white chicken chili – have a delicious chili on your table in less than an hour
- Fruit and nut muesli bread rounds – a copycat recipe and great healthy snack
- Love List – fun finds from around the web
It’s that time of year where I am trying to get back on track with my meal prepping! I’m sharing meals that can be prepped ahead are a true time saver!
Here are some faves:
- Pepperoni pasta salad – a great lunch option
- Slow cooker buffalo chicken and quinoa – so good and healthy too!
- A vegetarian lunch or dinner idea: Greek chickpea salads
- Turkey meatloaf and roasted veggies – not the most glamorous, but so comforting and surprisingly amazing good for meal prepping
- Only 5 ingredients in this slow cooker salsa chicken and quinoa meal!
- And these burritos! So good, I’m so glad I made some before having Sam, I still have some in the freezer for when I need a quick meal.
- I have a recipe for yogurt chicken in my 5 ingredient cookbook that is truly amazing. I made it with a side salad and then added pitas, and voila, dinner!
- Ben also helped make overnight oats, we added a few frozen cherries!
Love this comment from a reader on my Starbucks iced coffee copycat recipe – a great way to save money if that’s your New Year’s Resolution.
- “Thank you so much! Did it today and it’s pretty close! Now I can stop buying coffee at Starbucks! Very very thankful”
It’s the perfect time of year for soup and this re-creation of corn cauliflower chowder looks cozy and delicious.
I read a bunch of ‘best books I read in 2021’ posts, here are 3 that I’m going to check out in January!
- The Soulmate Equation – “Writing duo and reigning romance queens Christina Lauren are back with The Soulmate Equation, their most ambitious book to date.” —PopSugar
- The Island of Missing Trees – A rich, magical new novel on belonging and identity, love and trauma, nature and renewal, from the Booker-shortlisted author of 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in This Strange World.
- White Ivy – “A truly addictive read” (Glamour) about how a young woman’s crush on a privileged former classmate becomes a story of love, lies, and dark obsession, offering stark insights into the immigrant experience, as it hurtles to its electrifying ending in this “twisty, unputdownable, psychological thriller” (People).”
- Santa brought the kids some dino eggs – super cool, but I think better for a 5+ year old, we still had fun though.
- We had our first real snow, so we made snowmen (of the mini variety)!
- My in-laws came over for a sushi take-out, so so good, and here is a family pic, accurate – kids running, eating cookies mentioned in the intro and one crying? lol)
- Proud moment over here – Sam was finally sleeping, and I got all the laundry folded!
- Over winter break there was LOTS of crafting and learning activities (which take longer to set up than for the kids to do, lol)
- Kinetic sand is so fun, but messy still
- Tasty chicken bbq salad – you could get a rotisserie chicken and make that salad, and then this chicken salad too!
- Encanto – trailer here (available on Disney +), suuuuch a cute Disney movie that’s not princesses, I really liked it!
- Space Force – trailer here (available on Netflix), with Steve Carrell. I don’t know why I’m loving this show so much, but it’s light and has some funny moments.
- Finally got the kids’ clothes organized in the basement, these are the bins we used (I just ordered them for pickup at Target!)
- These are meal prep containers I love
Have you put your holiday decorations away already? I’d love to know, so just leave a comment below and let me know!